She breaks down many important matters that have led us down this precarious path, such as:
- familial and relational influences
- the media and sex culture
- the reality of pornography and (fe)male attraction
- dieting and the eternal drive to "remake" our body
- the obesity "epidemic"
- atheletics and fitness obsession
- college and post-college years
- hungering for spirituality
Feel free to join Jessy and me, as we dissect our experiences and feelings while reading "Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters" by Courtney E. Martin. We will be posting our dialogue here, in various discussions, and welcome any responses or comments (no, seriously!). Better yet, pick this book up at your local library or Amazon.com, and follow along with us!
Until next time, HAPPY READING!